The experience still takes place even in the rain; be sure to bring a rain jacket. Of course, if there is a major storm, we reserve the right to close Foresta Lumina, in order to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors. Management takes the decision to open/close at 3 pm.
Cancellation : If we need to cancel certain time schedules, a purple banner will appear at the top of forestalumina.com starting at 3 pm and the information will also be on our Facebook page under : Parc de la Gorge de Coaticook & Foresta Lumina. It is therefore your responsibility to verify, in case of bad weather conditions, if events are cancelled. Guests will then receive an email during the day to give them the procedure to postpone their visit to a later date for the current season. If you do not see a purple banner around 3 pm, Foresta Lumina is open.
Your ticket is valid for the current season only. If you cannot print your ticket either keep your confirmation on your portable phone or mention your name or order number upon arrival. The time you booked is a time space so for example, if you booked a ticket for 9 pm your departure is assured between 9 pm and 9:30 pm.
It is possible to park free of charge downtown (Pavillon des arts et de la culture, 116 Wellington Street, Coaticook). The Shuttle trip is five minutes and includes the round trip from downtown to Foresta Lumina. Departures are available every thirty minutes. The shuttles are also available until Foresta Lumina closes.
A parking lot is also available for visitors directly on-site at 135, Michaud Street, Coaticook, J1A 1A9.
- Modifications within 7 days of your arrival date, a $5.50 plus tax fee will be added for all necessary changes.
- Within 6 days or less of your arrival date no modifications will be accepted.
- Cancellation within 7 days of your arrival, a $10.00 fee plus tax will be added per campsite cancelled.
- Within 6 days or less before arrival, full payment of the reservation will be withheld.
- For a cancellation on the day of arrival, if we do not receive further communication from you, your campsite will be held until 11 am the next day. Beyond this deadline and if we do not receive further communications from you, the reservation is canceled (full stay) and the full payment is retained.
Check-in time is 2 pm (3 pm for shelter rentals or ready-to-camp rentals) and check-out 12 pm (noon). Each site may accommodate 2 adults and 4 children (under 18 years of age). Additional charges apply for additional people (per night). Children under 5 years of age are free of charge. A maximum of 8 people, (6 adults) must be respected at all times. If additional equipment is added to your campsite, please make sure it fits on your site. Curfew and tranquility must be respected from: 24 h (midnight) to 7 am.
It is not possible to arrive earlier than pre-established check-in time. Following these guidelines allows our maintenance team to ensure acceptable cleaning of all campsites. However, you may certainly have access to hiking trails before check-in time. In order to do so, pass by the campground’s reception desk.